September 19th, 2017
Attention Athletes: Posture Doctor’s Chiropractic Care is a Game Changer
Attention Athletes: Posture Doctor’s Chiropractic Care is a Game Changer for Athletes
Whether you consider yourself a serious athlete or someone who exercises every now and then, one thing is true–chiropractic care will help improve your performance.
Chiropractic has gained steady reputation for giving athletes a competitive edge to win and helps avoid serious injury, Across the sports world, a high percent athletes now have a chiropractor on their team to ensure effectiveness, promote flexibility and pain-free movement.
Here’s 5 Ways that Athletes and (non-athletes) benefit from chiropractic care:
- Undo the punishment the body takes in sports – Even if you don’t play football, sports like football, rugby, hockey, etc which involves a lot of contact and the physical demands of any training and practice affect your spine and muscles too. As a result, athletic performance suffers. When athletes are adjusted regularly, they will often attribute their success to regular chiropractic care.
- Chiropractic care treats both high-impact and low-impact athletes can benefit from routine spinal adjustments. – Not only can adjustments help when treating injuries from high-impact sports such as rugby, football, and hockey, but they offer other benefits as well. It’s been shown that high-impact sports can place the same amount of strain on the body as an auto collision. Athletes getting routine adjustments may notice improved athletic performance, improved range of motion (especially in endurance athletes), better flexibility, increased blood flow, and may suffer from fewer injuries. Because spinal adjustments will reduce the irritation of the nerve roots between the vertebrae, the healing time from minor injuries can be shortened, improving performance.
- Natural treatment – While seeking chiropractic care for back and neck pain caused by injuries suffered in sports like football and rugby would normal, injuries to other parts of the body can also benefit drug free treatment which helps athletes recover from injuries without the need for painkillers or invasive surgery. Not all athletes are seeking chiropractic care after they suffer an injury. Some, like the Omagh Harriers, find that it helps improve not only their health, but their performance, “Chiropractic just makes you feel so much better. When I walk out of the clinic, I feel like I’m about three inches taller and everything’s in place. And as long as I see the chiropractor, I feel like I’m one step ahead of the game.”
- Injury Prevention & Performance Enhancement – Posture Doctor specialises in treating athletes by treating the whole person, and tailors comprehensive Posture Plans aimed at recovery, injury avoidance and to achieve an optimal level of performance.
- Healing Pain – The spine is an important physical structure that contains many pain-sensitive tissues: Most notably, joints, muscles, nerves, discs and ligaments. If there are any abnormal alignment patterns in the spinal column, this can place an abnormal amount of stress and strain on any one of these tissues.
Receiving the Benefits of Chiropractic – There’s no question that chiropractic care is a fantastic method of mechanical maintenance that has repeatedly been shown to benefit the machine that is the body of an athlete (and soldiers!). The Posture Doctor’s Chiropractic care offers a number of potential benefits for athletes, including injury prevention, enhanced recovery, and improved peak performance. Chiropractic care offers a natural way to treat and prevent many different ailments that often plague athletes.
Check out our recent success as the Irish Team’s Chiropractor in Belfast at the World Championships
Are you an athlete who incorporates chiropractic care into your health and wellness plan?
Please leave a comment and share your experience of the difference chiropractic has made for you or call us on 02886761861